Saturday, November 07, 2015

Hostile staff- You might as well say Bye to your business.

I had been to this place called Prost in Koramangala last night. Most of the restaurants were closed, so my only option was to go to a club and eat. I would say food was good, but really very bad mannerism. Yes I know it was late, and I have consulted for a few clubs before, clubs take responsibility of making sure that nobody disturbs their guests even after hours. They have staff which is super polite and highly trained to repeat same thing but never raise the voice. Yes their manager did the right thing in similar situation in front of me, so I appreciate him. But the bouncers, they need a training session. They threatened saying "Kya kar loge". I was shocked. After working with multiple clubs ranging from standalone small places to five star places, nobody and I mean nobody talks to guests like this. And the worst part it, they had their staff around and nobody stopped the bouncer. It was so disturbing for me, as I personally take client relations very very seriously. I have seen highly priced clubs retaining customers just because their staff is awesome at client relations, they treat them right.

People can get food and alcohol anywhere. Why are they coming to your shabby place if you can't give them good service also? People expect you to treat them better than how they would be treated anywhere else. This is a very simple concept that I have been teaching to every Manager and Service staff. Your education doesn't matter here, but what kind of person you are matters a lot. If you are not capable of being polite to people, don't work in service industry. And a special Caution word to Prost, they are going to lose all the customers if their employees treat people badly. Bouncers still count as employees, even if they are outsourced.

I don't want to hear your stupid excuses as to why you won't give a person 2 minutes to finish their food. I want to hear what extra special you would do for me if I am your customer. And it is not just me, everyone wants that and sooner Prost learns this, better it will be for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment