Monday, July 29, 2013

Bhag Milkha Bhag

I was so excited to see this movie after getting such good reviews, but it turned out to be short of my expectations. I thought the movie was based on a real story and it would have that sense of respect and responsibility in representing a person. However, the commercialization of script has ruined the charm. I didn't enjoy the romance part really and it wasn't worth to put this much footage on a broken romance. Yes, it did create a soft spot for Milkha, but I guess any athlete would rather be known for his achievements than his bleeding heart.

What I loved and appreciated in movie really was Farhan Akhtar. He has played his part so well that it is like a tribute to real character. The struggle, the fire, the disappointment, the innocence, the determination... He has played every emotion with perfection. I simply loved him in movie. The part showing Indo-Pak division and tragedy is also very touching. I am sure the real scene was much more horrific than the movie, but they have succeeded in creating the effect.

On the whole I would say it was good movie, Farhan takes most of the credit for it though, coz I cant really remember anyone else in the movie. It was an interesting story of a Legend, and I am glad someone did justice in playing the role. 

No comments:

Post a Comment